bus travel from talisman to san pedro la laguna

Open for all topics related to travel in Guatemala however we focus on Xela!.
ker239

bus travel from talisman to san pedro la laguna

Post by ker239 »

I am planning to arrive in Tapachula on the evening of Jan 29th and then continue to my final destination San Pedro L a Laguna
the next day . I would prefer to travel via Malacatan San Marcos Cuatro Caminos . Are there any larger bus services or shuttles on
this route ? I know there is a shuttle between cuatro Caminos a and Panajachel.
Christopher Gray

Re: bus travel from talisman to san pedro la laguna

Post by Christopher Gray »

ker239 wrote:larger bus
From Malacatan, I believe there are only chicken buses on the route to San Marcos. Marquensita runs some second class Pullman buses between San Marcos and the capital. (But they have chicken buses also. I don't know which one they are running on Saturday.) So you could go to Cuatro Caminos for your arranged shuttle, or as far as La Cuchilla, and take a chicken bus or pickup from there to Panajachel.

Are you comfortable with the all the bus/colectivo transfers? I'm due for a visa run 1 February, but I could go a few days early if you need some company. And my wife likes Tapachula for some reason, so we usually go stay at the Hospedaje Las Americas for a few days. But we'll probably be returning to Xela, which means parting company at Cuatro Caminos.
Last edited by Christopher Gray on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ker239

Re: bus travel from talisman to san pedro la laguna

Post by ker239 »

That is a very kind offer Christopher ! Last year I flew into GUA and then Linea Dorado to Xela . For the most part
I went thru GUA so I could take in Ixchel & Popol Vuh museums. I studied at Sol Latino and did enjoy my time in Xela but the warmer climate of Lago Atitlan appeals to me. I'm to start language studies at Corazon Maya on Feb 01 in San Pedro La Laguna. I think there is a shuttle from
Tapachula but it does not leave until 1600 so would have to overnight in Xela that way .
Thank you for info and offer.