Gift for host family

Open for all topics related to travel in Guatemala however we focus on Xela!.
Shan

Gift for host family

Post by Shan » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:08 pm

We'll be in Guatemala staying with a host family for a month. What is a good gift for the host family? Is it better to bring something from the United States?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Gift for host family

Post by admin » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:29 am

Anything you offer will be appreciated. But I like to suggest you bring things that are from your home town or state. Food or candy is always a hit that everyone can enjoy. Something that is made locally in your area is a great way to start the home stay off on a good foot. Also I would suggest bringing a few photos of your family, maybe the area where you live something you can show your home stay family to "break the ice" with conversation and let them get to know you a bit better.

Trinkets like key chains, t-shirts with local sports logos can also be a good gift.

Tom

PS: I like king size snicker bars...I can get them here but they are expensive!!!!! hint, hint, hint :wink:
http://www.xelapages.com - Study Spanish in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala!

Shan

Post by Shan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 am

Thanks! (...and I'll see what I can do).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:32 am

Shan,

THANK YOU for the snickers bar!!!!! Doug must have stopped by on Monday and left it on my desk. I was delicioso!!!! :D :D :D :D
http://www.xelapages.com - Study Spanish in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala!

Shan

Post by Shan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:11 pm

admin wrote:Shan,

THANK YOU for the snickers bar!!!!! Doug must have stopped by on Monday and left it on my desk. I was delicioso!!!! :D :D :D :D