Missing guy

Open for all topics related to travel in Guatemala however we focus on Xela!.

Missing guy

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:25 am

Did that guy that was missing and his family was looking for him ever locate him? Sorry but I forget his name right now. He was last seen in Xela I think? Thanks! Was just curious..

Ger

Missing - Paul Dempsey

Post by Ger » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:07 am

I'm Paul's brother and he has now been missing without any contact or sightings for over 2 years. We don't know if he's dead or alive and my parents are very upset. If anyone hears anything about Paul we'd love to find out...even just to know if he's alive.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:45 pm

Is there an inkling he could be alive? Was he one that you'd think might just take off and not tell his family?

Ger

Missing guy

Post by Ger » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:44 am

There is no indication he is alive. True, he is the type of guy to take off and not tell his family. However, it is now over 2 years and my parents are of the view that at this stage he must be dead. Very upsetting for all of us as we don't know whether or not to grieve.

Re: Missing guy

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:37 am

Ger wrote:There is no indication he is alive. True, he is the type of guy to take off and not tell his family. However, it is now over 2 years and my parents are of the view that at this stage he must be dead. Very upsetting for all of us as we don't know whether or not to grieve.
I cannot even imagine not knowing! I am so sorry for you and your family. It would be nice, I am sure, to have closure and at least know what happened. My prayers are with you.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:30 pm

While it is sad for the family not knowing, I believe Paul is alive and well and probably scamming another group of unsuspecting marks.

For those who do not know...Paul Dempsay is a theif who stole money for several organizations here in Xela as well as left town without paying rent for many months and after he borrowed money from many of the longer term Xela residents. Paul left town when the sh_t hit the fan. He ran like a coward instead of facing the mess he made. How anyone can steal money from a group working with Street Children is beyond imagination.

Paul if you are out there and reading this, I hope you will stop the lying and stealing and return what is not yours. If you are dead so be it, God knows you deserve whatever you get.

One of the suckers who trusted Paul Dempsay!

Daniel y Isabela

can i help you

Post by guest » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:20 pm

i would like to hep you just email at noryabxela@gmail.com i can try to talk abouthim in different places.....

Ger

Post by Ger » Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:19 am

Daniel

I understand how you feel...he stole money from me and my parents also. Have you reported him to the police? I don't condone his actions and I think he should be brought to justice.

When he left he didn't have his passport with him and he hasn't been issued with a new passport since. That would indicate he is still in Guatemala.

Ger

Post by Ger » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:13 pm

If anyone has any information about Paul (Pablo) Dempsey please leave a note here as we are desparately looking to find him.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:27 pm

He talked about going to the Puerto San Jose/Monterrico area a few times.
If in fact he doesn't have a passport this might be a good place to look.

fuzzy

Post by fuzzy » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:42 pm

Ger,

please do not take me wrong, this is an honest question out of curiosity...

I was wondering, you as being a direct family to paul, do you feel a little/at all obligated to pay what your brother stole from these people?

I am just asking coz, i dunno what i would have done. I would pay them, but I don't want my brother to think that he could get away with it, and each time I will be picking up after his mess.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:25 pm

personally, I think only paul is responsible for paul's actions. If I was to make good on everything my family has done to other's I would be on the streets broke. Even if he is family that doesn't make him obligated at all and have to make amends to other's his brother has harmed.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:30 am

fuzzy wrote:Ger,

please do not take me wrong, this is an honest question out of curiosity...

I was wondering, you as being a direct family to paul, do you feel a little/at all obligated to pay what your brother stole from these people?

I am just asking coz, i dunno what i would have done. I would pay them, but I don't want my brother to think that he could get away with it, and each time I will be picking up after his mess.
OK why would anybody feel obligated to pay for the crimes of an adult family member? Why would anyone even think that a family should pay for a grown man's criminal actions? Plus Paul stole from his own family, so then who pays them back? Ludicrous, sorry fuzzy but that question was just not right to even ask, I am sure his family feels awful enough as it is..

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:32 am

Ger wrote:If anyone has any information about Paul (Pablo) Dempsey please leave a note here as we are desparately looking to find him.
Has anyone hired a private investigator to locate him? I am sure that option is quite expensive seeing he could be anywhere about now. Not even positive he is alive either, could be much too extensive..

fuzzy

Post by fuzzy » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:24 am

sorry if i have offended someone, maybe the question should have never been asked. but it could not stop one from wondering. it was just more like that question popped into my head and made me question myself what i would do and wonder what others will do. so i guess, never mind that i asked.
i just made an ass out of myself.javascript:emoticon(':?')